Saturday, September 27, 2008

Football Season is Here!

Some of Crue's Football Buddies Chaz, Crue, Chance, Carter & Josh
Crue's Best Buddy!
Crue has started his little leage football season. He is on the Marauders team again this year, this being his second year he is feeling a little more into the game. Last year he only played a little bit each game, not knowing what he was doing is probably why. This year he is the biggest boy on the team, they only had 4 returners from last year, so they are a really young and small team. Crue is getting to play both offense and defense this year, so he is playing the whole game which wears him out. He seems to like it much better this year than last. His team isn't doing that great because of the inexperience, but that's okay. I am just really glad he is wanting to play. I think it is great for these little guys to learn the game as early as possible.
I was really worried the first game, he just showed no enthusiasm or energy at all....story to follow. His first game was in Prescott and we had to be over there by 7:00am, we were running a little late that morning so we knew we would have to go over the mountain through Jerome to Prescott (for those of you who may never have been through Jerome it is up Mingus MT. Lots of switch backs and steep roads, and cliff side driving). Crue has been getting car sick lately for some reason, Iknew that with Scott driving (NASCAR) I thought I would help him out and give him some dramamine for motion sickness before we left. Well he did great, but about 15 min away from the field he kept falling asleep and said "Mom, I am so tired, I can't stay awake" I didn't think anything about it, and just thought it was due to the late night before. Warming up for the game, Scott kept saying, "what is wrong with Crue" He acts like he doesn't even want to be out there. The game started and Crue acted like he had never played before, with no energy and walked, not ran around like he was so out of it. Scott was getting more and more frustrated (you know how Dad's can be when the boys aren't performing as they think they should) Finally it hit me, Dramamine makes you sleep and feel so tired. I told Scott that I had given him that med before we left. He couldn't believe I had done that. But at least that explained his no response behavior on the field. The rest of the game became pretty funny after that. Except for the fact that Grandma and Grandpa Taylor had come to watch him play that day, he was frustrated about that. Since then he does really well, plays great, and knows what he is doing, and I havn't given him any more dramamine!

4 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

Hi Natalie,
So fun to hear from you. I saw the pictures of Cole
on Jentry's blog. By the way, what a doll she is!! I
wish Landry could meet her!! He has had some Dr. and Dentist appt. this week, and has a couple of more
interviews and then his papers will go in. Brocks are in and he will be getting his call soon. My other nephew that lives here and is close to Landry just got his call today to the Ukraine. Wow, I can't even get used to the fact that these boys are all growing up soo fast. Good luck with Scott and his Dr's appt. We'll be thinking of you.

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Go Crue! He looks so cute in all his football stuff. I can't wait till Tucker can play. And way to go on the dramamine! Sounds like something I would do. ha ha!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh that story about the dramamine is sooo funny! I can't even imagine how hilarious that must've looked! =) He looks so cute in his uniform too!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I am a dramamine FAN big time. Colton is our little car sick kid!!!! I bet Cure is bummed about his arm now huh? Dramamine doesn't hold a candle to a broken arm in regards to enthusiasm for the game!Poor crue--he looks like a stud!