Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Tradition

Every year, my kids and I make Halloween sugar cookies the week before Halloween. I usually just make the traditional halloween cut out cookies, then just frost them with orange frosting, but this year the kids are all a little older, so I thought it would be fun to do something different. I bought all new cookie cutters, on the box were pictures of how you could get creative and decorate the cookies to look like the real thing (witch, ghost, frankenstein, spider, etc). This should be a fun way to spend Family Home evening and to get their father involved! He usually would be no where to be found when I've done this in the past.
I got all of the different colors of icing, and a few different halloween sprinkles, to really do it good this year.
We spent about an hour rolling and cutting out all the cookies, and yes Scott really got involved and we enjoyed him helping us. I think he had more fun than the kids. But when it came time to do the icing and decorating, he was "really tired and ready to relax in front of the tv!" I shouldn't complain, getting him to do that much was a treat!!
The kids and I spent another 2 hours at least, decorating and making a huge mess of the kitchen table. The kids had every color of frosting all over themselves too, but we had a great time. Even Kashley did a good job with her cookies. Two weeks later, we still have most of our cookies left, I think the kids had their fill of frosting and cookies that night!!



1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

What a good mom you are!!!! I can see Crue's cast !!