Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Can't Believe it's Almost Here!

Some Pics of Cole when we said "Goodbye" at the airport














This pic is Scott & I walking Cole to the security gates
where we had to let him go. He never looked back.


32 more days and counting!! Our favorite Missionary will be home! We just received all of Cole's information on his arrival home. This is so awesome, and yes I shed a few tears, realizing that he really will be home in only 4 short (or really long weeks). I never thought this day would come fast enough. We are all so very excited to see him and for me his Mom to hug him again! He has been serving honorably in the Manchester England Mission, and has loved every minute of it. He never really got too homesick, and was always so positive, he always had a great attitude throughout the whole 2 years. We are so dang proud of him, but so happy to have him come home. It seemed like a lifetime ago we were telling him goodbye at the airport, and feeling like my heart had just been ripped into tiny little pieces. I really didn't think at that time, that I would make it thru 2 years, but it is already here. I am so truly grateful for all of the many wonderful blessing that our family has received because of Cole's service to our Father in Heaven. It makes me nervous for him to come home.
Today in our Sacrament meeting Cole's really good friend, Nick Olson spoke to our ward, he has recently returned from his mission where he served in the London England South mission. He has a little English accent, it was kind of funny listening to him. It made us all the more excited to see if Cole will share the same accent. Cole was excited about the prospect of maybe getting an accent, his thinking was that the girls love a British accent! We will be spending the next several weeks getting ready for our Missionary, hoping it goes by really fast!
Anybody out there who might have some cute sisters, daughters,cousins, friends I am sure Cole would love to be hooked up after settling into "real" life again!! lol!


5 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

I am sooo excited for you to see your son! There is nothing like it! A boy from our ward just got home from the Manchester England mission and spoke in our ward today. We missed it, because Landry's best friends farewell was at the exact same time. His friends name is Taylor Cole!! How ironic is that!! Anyways, the Elder from our ward is Lenny Whiting.
I'll have to ask him if he knows your son. I'll let you know..... Love ya lots

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Wow Aunt Nat, you have had an emotional couple of weeks! I'm so excited for Cole to come home, I don't know why but I miss him so much! Maybe cause I know that Cam is not much further behind him. Make sure you let us know all the details so we can be sure to be there!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh that is sooo sweet! I can't believe he is going to be home so soon (you've all been counting down the days I'm sure)! How exciting. You are such a good mom to your kids---they're all turning out awesome! (teach me your secrets =)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

AAAAAHHHH! Already!!!! Cole's life will never be the same-he will NEVER regret this!!! I am so glad he has been so positive--that has made his mission experience ALL the better. Dont worry I am going to get going on the hooking up part when he gets home...ha ha ha and english accent?!! I am glad for some light amidst this trumoil that has been going on!! I love ya

The Sorensen Bunch said...

BTW- And you are going to be all skinny in the coming home pictures too (if that was possible!)