Thursday, August 7, 2008

Saying Goodbye




I sit here today weeping at every little thing. I never thought this day would come, or I guess I never thought it would come so fast. Where, and when did our sweet little girl grow into a beautiful young woman. Jentry moved out of our home today, and I can't stand the thoughts of her being gone. You never prepare enough for the day when your children leave home for good. I imagined it would be hard, but not this hard. Sending out a missionary is a little tougher I think, with only the comfort of knowing that they are in the Lord's hands. Having a child leave the nest to go out into the big mean world isn't the same, I think it is hard because you know they are now left to make their own decisions. Hoping that your teachings and your example will be enough to carry them through, and keep them strong and faithful. I really don't worry about Jen making good decisions, she has always done well it that area. I just worry about the weird and scary people out in the world. I was thinking today, I could be a grandma in about 2 years, that is just too crazy!! I am too young to be a grandma. lol!
Jen was excited to leave and get on with this new phase in her life. She will truly be missed around here, it is going to be like losing my right arm and my very best friend. Her little brother and sisters are already feeling the loss, and are a little weepy like I am today. Especially Kashley. Jen and Kash had a very close little friendship, Jen is Kashley's idol, and her buddy. Kash will be very lost without Jen for awhile as will Bryn. We will miss Jen, but are so excited for her to be able to go down to Mesa and experience the dating scene, because here in Cottonwood, there was no one to even think about dating, which is really sad. I think it will be a whole new experience and a very exciting thing in her life now. I just wish I could be there to share in those fun times with her. We really missed out on that with her here in Cottonwood.
So I need to warn all of you Mothers, really enjoy your children now!! The time goes faster and faster the older they get. Some days ( the hard ones) you wonder if it will go fast enough, but from experience, Don't let them get away from you, have fun together, and tell them often how much you love them. I feel like now, that I didnt' tell Jen enough how beautiful, how proud of her we are, and especially how very much we love her. Jen if your reading this, or when you do, know how very special you are to this family. We will miss you so very much, but want you to have the best time of your life right now. You deserve the best! We love you Jenner Penner Poop A Nenner!!

6 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

oh this totally brought tears to my eyes! I'm dying thinking about the day when my girls will move out! I agree--I think it goes by way too fast, and my kids aren't even in school yet. You have done such a great job raising Jentry though, so for that you should be proud. She is going to have a BLAST down in Mesa--I'm so excited for her!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Oh my heck I am crying!! I think the first day of kindergarten is BAD-I am IN trouble!!!! You are right!!! Check out how curly and BIG you got the little girls hair!! ha ha ha

The Sorensen Bunch said...

BTW-GOOD job ont he playlist...that is all dan wanted for his birthday was putting one on the blog-I am a slacker...see you are ahead of me in that area!!!

Kathy's Boys said...

Well one thing I know for sure Nat, is the nickname thing you got from Uncle Barry!!! (Sounds like all of your kids have one!) We all had ours!! And I don't know what I would do if I ever saw your dad without him calling me Kathy O grunt grunt!! I
miss all of you guys. I don't know why all of a sudden I am really feeling it. Maybe it's because I've been finding all of you on your blogs and realize how much of you guys and your lives I've been missing!! I love you all. Come and visit me sometime...anytime! Your family is adorable and Jentry is really cute. She is the same age as Landry.
He will be leaving probably in Dec. or Jan. on his mission, so he is just staying home until then. He
has thought about even coming to Mesa and live
with Randy for a little bit, just to get a little time away from home and on his own, sort of, before his mission. Sounds like the Heap reunion was a lot of fun as usual, except for your little girl getting that stick in her back. That was awful. Hope she is doing great. Talk to you later. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Nat I can't imagine how you must feel to have Jen gone, I've been bawling all day just for sending Brig to kindergarten! Jen's an amazing girl, and she'll be just fine! You and Uncle Scott have got to be two very proud parents!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hey thanks alot for the crying session that I just had! You know that country song. "Your gonna miss this" I trully live by that song, it is my theme song right now! Jentry is going to have so much fun and meet so many new people, and find a really awsome husband! Just make sure you come down and visit alot, I'll take Brin and Kash and you and Jen can go hang out for the day! Emmy and Tucker would love it!