Tuesday, August 12, 2008



I have a really quiet house these days. Yes all of my little ones are in school, and I can't believe that I have a few hours of time all to myself, (well sort of) If I didn't have our business phones to answer. Kashley started pre-school, Brynley is in kindergarten and Crue is in the 3rd grade, so that leaves me at home with no children, and it is almost too quiet. I never thought this day would come, and it is here, too crazy!! The kids started school on Thurs. Aug 7th. They were all so excited, especially Kashley. She wanted so badly to go to school with Bryn last year, so she could hardly wait for school to start. I was a little emotional on that 1st day. That is the day the Jen officially moved out of our home, and all the kids started school. After dropping off the kids, I told Scott, I didn't know if I could stand the ache in my heart. It was so sad, knowing that all of our kids were growing up, and too fast! It was a hard few days for this emotional mother.
The kids have all done well so far, Kashley is having a hard time at lunch, she is the most picky eater I have. I thought Brynley was bad, but Kash is way worse. All she eats is chicken nuggets (the kind shaped like dinosaurs) So sending her to school with a lunch I knew would be quite challenging. She said she would eat PB&J so that is what I sent the first day. Crue and Bryn saw her at lunch and they said she wouldn't eat her sandwich and so she had to put her head down on the table. That made me so sad, so I came up with a plan. I bought one of those sandwich cutters that cut the bread into dinosaur shapes, hoping this would give her the incentive to eat her dino sandwich, well it did for one day, and now it's back to not eating and so she has to put her head on the table. I don't know what I am going to do. I can't stand that she is going hungry and having to be the naughty child by putting her head down. Crue and Bryn are doing great and loving their classes and teachers.
I think it is going to be a good school year! (after we figure out what Kash will eat)

6 comments:

Timar Lu said...

Hey Aunt Nat. I completely understand what you are going through with Kash. Keegan is the same way. He does however eat the lunch I make for him NOW, because when he gets home he gets to move his car on his eating race track. And, I told him if he didn't eat his lunches then he would have to take his Nutren Jr. to school and drink it instead. Does Kash like Pediasure or Nestle instant breakfast? Both give nutrition and calories for our PICKY eaters. Just a thought. Good Luck.

Kathy's Boys said...

I had a picky eater too. Tanner!
I kept thinking he would grow out of it by the time he started school,Not...then it was maybe by the time he started Jr. High...No...High school...no...well I guess he got pretty dang hungry on his mission and started eating everything...Now
he still does and worries that he will be fat! Crazy hugh! I'm so glad to be in touch with you now.
Our families, the Webbs and the Grants, need to plan a get together. Maybe we could all do Thanksgiving at Randy's or something...We need to get together so bad. I haven't seen Leisha and Danna for song long either. I saw Tray last summer in St. JOhns at the 24th!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hi Aunt Nat, I'm so jelous of your emply house but at the same time not, if you now what I mean. I would love to have more time to myself but at the same time do not want to even think about letting Emmy go off on her own. Must be a really emotional week! Tell Brin Emmy says Hi! and I wish I had some good advice for Kash but it sounds like that eating race track is a good idea. Talk to ya later

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Oooh sooo sad. I can only imagine that empty heart ache! aaaaah!! and then knowing they are putting their heads down-poor thing. How long will chicken nuggest last in a ice container if they are cooked in the a.m? Will she only eat them warm? CUTE CUTE back to school clothes-of course, you guys are always darling!

Stuart Family said...

Hey Nat.Your kids look adorable and is looks like they were excited for school. My kids could hardly wait. I can't believe Jen is gone. Thats nuts. She is so beautiful.Hope everything is going well. I need to come out and see your house now that you're in. Have a good day.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh, I DREAD that day. I know I will be so sad, and I feel so sad for you with all your kiddos gone for the day. You deserve the time off however! I'm glad to know it wasn't just my cooking that Kashley doesn't like! =)